The latest technical publication from the Water Directorate is the Odour Management Guidelines. A copy of the Guidelines was posted to all General Managers of member councils.
These Guidelines are aimed at providing an overview of the options, techniques and technologies available to sewerage facility operators to mitigate the release of odours from sewerage facilities and the procedures and options available to demonstrate compliance with odour Regulations to Authorities and neighbours of a facility.
The Odour Management Guidelines were developed by MWH Global for the Water Directorate and overseen by the following members of the Sewer Subcommittee:
- Doug Hill, Tamworth Regional Council
- Jeff Sharp, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- Brian Carter, Singleton Shire Council
- David Tull, Griffith City Council
- Col Maciver, Armidale Dumaresq Council
- John Maxwell, Tumut Shire Council
Additional copies of the Odour Management Guidelines are now available for purchase.